Oktoberfest is a beer festival that runs in Munich, Germany and goes on for a little over two weeks, from late Sept until the first weekend in October. While you might think that to celebrate the world's most famous beer festival that you'd have to travel to Bavaria, you can in fact celebrate right here in Florida!
While the official festival is taking place this year from Sept 17 - Oct 3, Florida's communities are celebrating on a much smaller scale. Some locations are having a one day event, while many others are providing a weekend-long celebration.
Where in Central FL can you go to celebrate Oktoberfest?
Orlando Brewing - 5th Annual Oktoberfest: Sept 24th & Oct 22nd (opening & closing)
- Food & beer
- Commemorative beer steins
Celebration: October 8th and 9th
- Music with Dan Witucki & Heimatland Musickanten, Kattyshack
- Pumpkin painting
Lake Buena Vista: Everyday!
- At Epcot in the Germany Pavilion there is a restaurant, Biergarten, serving authentic German cuisine and beverages, with music.
Sanford: Alive After Five on Oct 13, 5-9 pm
- Willow Tree Café - restaurant
- Magnolia Square Market - deli
Downtown Orlando: Oct 21 6-11 pm at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Food, beer, entertainment
Casselberry: October 1 & Oct 22, 3 - 11 pm
- 381 Orange Lane, Casselberry
- Authentic German cuisine, beer, music, dance
Avalon Park: Oct 14th, 15th, 16th
- Music, food, beer
These are some of the great places that you can go to celebrate, but check your local paper or social media site to check for others!