For Orlando residents looking for a spooky way to pass the time in the weeks coming up to Halloween, there are some great options that have just started or will be starting shortly. Some of the spooky events that are taking place are great family-friendly attractions, while others are best for older teens and adults who can handle some serious frightening!
Magic Kingdom Park: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Open Sept 13 — Nov 1
- Dress up to Trick or Treat
- Halloween Parade
- Lots of familiar Disney characters in costume
- Special holiday decorations and effects to make the park just a little spooky!
- Weekends in October
- Trick or treating
- Themed shows
- Sesame Street Halloween show
- Great Halloween activity for families with young children.
- Included in regular ticket prices
Busch Gardens: Howl-O-Scream
- Open Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays from now until Halloween
- 7 haunted houses altogether, with 3 new houses (Nevermore, Zombie Mortuary, Vampire Casino), plus many of the great attractions they’ve had in previous years.
- Shows: Fiends & The Midnight Hour
- Club Virus: dance club with music, cocktails, and costumed guests
- Souvenir Shop
- This event is not for the faint of heart!
Universal Orlando: Halloween Horror Nights
This yearly event draws out horror fans from all over the world and is touted to be the “ultimate Halloween experience” by Fangoria Magazine editor, Tony Timpone.
- Open Sept 23 — Oct 31
- Not recommended for anyone under the age of 13
- 8 New haunted houses
- 2 Live shows
- 6 Scare zones
- 5 Great rides
For anyone that really loves this spooky season, events like these are great opportunities to extend the holiday to at least a few weeks. Some of the events offer a package deal so that you can come back for multiple visits at a lower cost as well.
Don't forget to check out other Halloween attractions and events in your local area!